“Sunbury offers Melbourne residents a rural setting within a commutable distance back into the city,”...
says seasoned investor Margaret Lomas, of Destiny Financial Solutions, with a successful portfolio of some 40 properties across a mixture of city and regional areas. “Capital cities aren’t exclusively the best place to buy,” Ms Lomas said. “Just because you buy in a city doesn’t mean you get better growth and rental yield than you do when you buy outside of a city.”
An area will grow in relation to specific fundamentals, according to Ms Lomas, and these are not always confined to capital cities.
“They include a population growing faster than the national average, with a predominance of families, a diverse economy offering a broad spectrum of employment opportunities, and a local government which is supporting the growing population with suitable infrastructure and lifestyle amenities,” she said.
Sun Herald, October 12, 2016
All photos show previous Townhouse project in Sunbury by the same developer. New project will be SIMILAR.
FREEHOLD TOWNHOMES: 10% DEPOSIT, NO OTHER PAYMENT UNTIL COMPLETION LATE 2017.
125-201 SQ METRES, external size.
Highest quality home design, Caesar stone bench tops, High quality stainless appliances.
15kms away from Melbourne Airport, Sunbury railway station to Melbourne CBD
Near to supermarkets, hardware and cinemas, Near primary, secondary and
universities like Sunbury Primary School, Sunbury College, Victoria University
and many more. Private and public hospital in neighboring areas.
High rental demand area, with low vacancy rate of just 1%. (see below)
SUNBURY TOWNHOUSES : more info
PROPERTY INFO:AS AT MAY 2017
Vacancy rate: Just 1%
Number to rent: Only 30 available in whole district.
House price up 13.1% last 12 months
House price up 23.0% last 3 years
Rents average $360-400 pw. Rent up 3.7% last 12 months, and up 7.4% last 3 years.
Sunbury is located just 40.4 kilometres (25.1 miles north-west of Melbourne's central business district, in the state of Victoria, Australia.
Sunbury's residents represent diverse cultural backgrounds, partly due to the proximity to major manufacturing and transport hubs, with Melbourne Airport only being 17.5 kilometres (11 mi) from the township. A recent trend for people who work in the Melbourne CBD to trade longer commute times for a more economic lifestyle (due to cheaper housing), has seen the population of Sunbury grow in number, with numerous new housing estates ringing the borders of the established township. Sunbury's population was recorded as being 25,086 in the 2001 census, and is estimated at approximately 34,000 in 2006, making it the 38th largest urban centre by population in Australia.
Retail and entertainment
Sunbury has a town centre containing Jaycar Electronics,Calco Electrical, Coles, Woolworths, Foodworks and IGA supermarkets as well as Big W, Harris Scarfe and Target, Good Guys, Godfrey's department stores. Away from the town centre is an Aldi Supermarket, and Bunnings Warehouse hardware store. There are also many food outlets located in Sunbury such as Nando's, Vics Cuisine, Rocquette, Restaurant 77 and a variety of pizza restaurants, fish and chip shops and Asian restaurants. Sunbury also has many great little cafes to dine at such as The Spotted Owl, Sacco Coffee, cafe Circe and Mac's Lounge. Sunbury has a Reading Cinema, and three Hotels.
Sunbury Railway Station is connected by Metro services to Melbourne and by V/Line services on the Bendigo train line to both Melbourne and country Victoria.
The State Government electrified the tracks between Sunbury and Sydenham in a $270 million investment, bringing more frequent passenger services to the town - these Metro services started running on 18 November 2012.
- Sunbury West Primary School
- Sunbury Primary School
- Sunbury Heights Primary School
- Killara Primary School
- Kismet Park Primary School
- St Anne's Primary School
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel Primary School
- Goonawarra Primary School
Secondary schools and high schools
- Sunbury Downs College (formerly Sunbury Post-primary School)
- Sunbury College (formerly Sunbury Secondary College, Sunbury High School)
- Salesian College
- Sunbury and Macedon Ranges Special School
Sunbury is represented in the following sporting leagues:
- Sunbury Little Athletics Centre Inc
- Australian rules footballBadminton
- Sunbury Football Club (Ballarat Football League)
- Sunbury Kangaroos Junior Football Club (Riddell District Football League) – club official website
- Rupertswood Football Club (Victorian Amateur Football Association) – club official website
- Rolling Meadows Thunder Junior Football Club (Riddell District Junior Football League)
- East Sunbury Sporting Group - Seniors Football Club (Essendon District Football League) - club official website
- Sunbury Badminton Club Inc
- Sunbury Titans Baseball club
- Sunbury Basketball Association
- Big V Basketball
- Sunbury Bicycle User Group
- Sunbury Cricket Club,Clarke Oval
- Gisborne and District Cricket Association
- East Sunbury Cricket Club
- Ashfield Cricket Cub
- Sunbury United Cricket Club
- Rupertswood Cricket Cub
- Classique School Of Dance
- Flash Dance
- Sunbury school of Calisthenics
- Hotpink Dance Centre
- Shirley Rogers Academy of Dance
- Concept Performing Arts
- Girl Guides
- Sunbury Wongguri Guides (Age 7–11 years)
- Sunbury Kamballa Guides (Age 11–14 years, 14–17 years)
- Golfers play at the course of the Goonawarra Golf Club at Francis Boulevard, Sunbury.
- Sunbury Golf Range located just off Sunbury Road on the way to Melbourne Airport
- Horse riding
- Sunbury Pony Club
- Sunbury Riding Centre
- Lawn Bowls
- Royal Victorian Bowls Association - Metro
- Victorian Ladies' Bowls Association
- Rugby League
- Sunbury Tigers (Victorian Rugby League) – club official website
- Junior Side (Melbourne Junior Rugby League)
- Scouts Scouting in Sunbury has a long history and tradition with 1st sunbury existing continually for over fifty years
- 1st Sunbury Scout Group Joeys, Cubs, Scouts,
- 3rd Sunbury Scout Group Joeys, Cubs, Scouts,
- Koora Koora Cup (Sunbury) Venturer Unit (1st Sunbury Unit but incorporating 3rd Sunbury as well as 1st Diggers Rest)
- Wurundjeri Rover Crew (incorporating both 1st and 3rd Sunbury)
- Sunbury United (Victorian State League 2)
- Sunbury United Junior Football Club
- Sunbury Pirates Softball Club - club official Facebook page
- Sunbury Amateur Swimming Club
- Aqua Wolves Swimming Club
- Table Tennis
- The Sunbury & District Table Tennis Association – club official website
- Sunbury Lawn Tennis Club
- Mt. Carmel Tennis Club