Migrating to Australia?
This page provides valuable advice for anyone who has:
-Applied for Migration already
-Been approved for migration, and will be migrating to Australia within the next 12 months to 7 years
-Returning Australian citizens, intending to return home within 12 months to 7 years.
-Just about to apply, or may apply in the next 6 months.
If you are just seeking information on the Migration laws to Australia there are many other sites providing this information.
This site provides tips for those who have already applied, and/or been approved for Australian migration, or are just about to apply.
If you are on your way to Australia soon, congratulations! It should be a very nervous but exciting time for you and your family.
If you are an Australian citizen, who has been working abroad and is returning "home " soon you are no doubt looking foward to it!
You have done the hard work, and for most people they think they will leave everything else until they arrive.
HOWEVER, there are a couple of simple things that you can start to implement NOW, that could greatly enhance your lifestyle after you arrive.
Recent studies have shown that:
1. Less than 10% of new migrants understand Australia's sliding scale of tax properly.
2. Most new migrants, and returning Australian's are fearful of the "high" tax rates.
3. Fully 80% of all Australian expatriates have put off the decision to return quickly to Australia to live because of their dislike of paying higher tax.
4. Over 95% of new migrants arriving have no established credit record in Australia. Effectively, they have to "start from scratch."
5. Most new migrants have no banking records, or bank accounts, or credit card established in Australia before they arrive.
TAX EFFECTIVE PROPERTY STRATEGIES FOR NEW MIGRANTS GOING TO AUSTRALIA:
NOT INVESTING IN PROPERTY BEFORE YOU MIGRATE OR RETURN TO AUSTRALIA CAN POTENTIALLY COST YOU HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.